Do you struggle to pipe words onto cakes? If so, then this article is just for you! Yes, writing on cakes with cream does look amazing, however sadly not all of us have the confidence and the skills needed for that. If you don’t know how to write on a cake with cream; today might just be your lucky day, as I will be showing you step by step, how to write on a cake without cream. Fortunately, there are lots of other ways to write on a cake; so don’t stress if you don’t have the best piping skills out there. We’re here to make baking and decorating cakes more fun than stressful for you!
What will you need to write on a cake without cream?
You will need:
- Chocolate (to melt)
- A printed out sheet of your text
- Chocolate melting pot (or use microwave)
- Piping bag (you can also use a squeeze bottle)
- Baking paper
Method for writing on your cake with chocolate:
Once you have all of the ingredients and equipment listed; follow my step by step instructions:
- Writing your text – The first step is to type and print “happy birthday”, or your desired message on a piece of paper; with your choice of font. You will need to use this later for tracing the writing.
- Melt the chocolate – You can either melt your chocolate in the microwave, or by using a chocolate melting pot on the stove. However, make sure that you are using low heat/power to avoid burning your chocolate. Let chocolate cool down for a few minutes before putting it in your piping bag/squeeze bottle.
- Writing your text – The most difficult, yet most fun step, writing your text. However, you won’t be writing the text straight onto the cake. Instead, place the sheet of baking paper over your printed text, and carefully trace the text onto the baking paper. Let your chocolate text fully dry before the next step. (This method is a favourite of mine since it is easy to restart. If you make a mistake, simply wait for the chocolate to dry out, then peel it off and restart!)
- Add your text to your birthday cake – The final step is to simply place your letters one by one onto your cake. Be careful when doing this as the letters can break easily. I suggest slightly pressing on each letter and moving it to the side, so it comes off the baking paper. Once you have all your letters; arrange them onto your cake as you wish!
And there you are, you have just written a text on a birthday cake without cream!
Related post: how to store cupcakes overnight
My Tips and Tricks for Writing on a Cake Without Cream
- Practise writing with a piping bag and a squeeze bottle before writing your text, so you become familiar with the method. Practising with the two can also help you decide which one you are most comfortable with; that being said I personally find it easier to write with this cheap squeeze bottle I found online.
- Use the right chocolate – A very common mistake that beginners make is using chocolate which isn’t meant to be melted. You might ask, what’s the difference? Since some chocolates aren’t made to be melted; they don’t melt properly over heat and harden instantly. When buying chocolate for this purpose make sure it is melting chocolate, which is labelled on the packet. (icing chocolates also work)
- Burnt chocolate – A lot of the time chocolate tricks beginners, when it is melted in reality, but still holds its original shape; fooling us to believe it needs more time. To prevent this, make sure you are stirring your chocolate occasionally, whether it is over the heat or in the microwave. If you melt the chocolate for too long it will burn and create lumps as well as a burned smell.
Other Methods to Write on a Cake Without Cream
Even if you can bake a perfect cake it is a difficult task to write the text with cream. Luckily, as well as the method we introduced to you today there are multiple other ways that you can easily write on a birthday cake without cream. As an alternative for writing with chocolate you can use:
- Stencils – Stencils are a great way to be in control of everything and to have a fun time while writing on your cake.
- Candies – Got a favourite candy? Perfect! You can use any candy or mix of candies to create a text on your birthday cake; no fancy nozzle needed!
- Fruits – Use any delicious small fruits to create a text on your birthday cake just like you would with candies.
- Nuts – Forget candies and fruits, go the healthy way! Use nuts to create a beautiful text, while also adding some yummy flavour and texture.
- Other Toppings- Feel free to use any other cake toppings to easily write with. Marbles, sprinkles, you name it!
No matter which one of these variations you choose, at the end of the day there are lots of easy and different ways for you to write a message on your birthday cake without cream; so, don’t stress next time you’re struggling to use cream.
Related post: history of cupcakes
Birthday Cake Without Cream in Adelaide
If you have a birthday coming up soon and don’t know what to do, head over to my Birthday cake page,
where you have a wide variety of natural birthday cakes to choose from. Want a custom writing on your cake? We got you! A great birthday cake that I have had many custom writing requests for is my Vanilla Cake. This cake and the other birthday cakes on my page won’t fail to impress you, and I guarantee you a beautiful look as well as a delicious natural bite! Here at Azidelicious, it’s all about making it as easy as possible for you; which is why we also have fresh Birthday cake delivery all over Adelaide!
This couldn’t possibly get better, right? Well guess what? It can! How you ask? With our system that awards you a lifetime of 10% discount on every next order after your first! So, what are you waiting for? Let’s celebrate the right way! Together!
Related product categories: