Three layer red velvet cake with buttercream for 16-22 people
Is it chocolate? Is it vanilla? What is it? Eventually, a red velvet cake is a mild version of a chocolate cake. It is made with the same ingredients, however less cocoa powder. The ingredients of this amazing cake combine to make a light, fluffy, and moist cake. Red velvet wedding cake, birthday cake, you name it! This cake is perfect for any occasion you have!
Read along as we uncover more and more about this amazing velvet cake and how you can order yours today!
So what ingredients combine to make this heavenly cake? For a start, let’s look at some of its base ingredients:
- beetroot powder (to replace food coloring)
Essentially, the cocoa in the batter reacts with the acidity of the vinegar and the buttermilk; which is what creates the light and fluffy texture of this cake.
This chemical reaction also causes moistness in the sponge; however, oil is commonly used to add extra moisture.
What is the real flavor of Red Velvet Cake?
Now that we know about the basics of this cake, let’s wind the clock back to its origin.
The history of cakes goes back hundreds of years ago, however, the version of the red velvet cake you see only stepped in during the 18th century.
Linking back to earlier, the reaction between the cocoa powder, baking soda, and buttermilk was what originally created the red color of this cake. Over time, more and more recipes have called for beetroot juice or powder for a boost of the red tone; and eventually, food coloring took over most recipes as the easier, and cheaper alternative. However, here at Azidelicious we still use beetroot powder to avoid food coloring, which is proven to be harmful to our health in the long term.
How to order Red Velvet Cake online in Adelaide?
All this delicious talk must have you drooling by now, so why don’t I show you how you can order your very own red velvet cake in Adelaide? Here is my step-by-step guide to finding the perfect red velvet cake shop and the perfect cake for you:
- Know your budget – This is something you need to know before even getting started, which is the foundation of all your research and will help you find a suitable cake. It can be hard to set a budget for cakes when there are so many different prices all around the place. This being said a good quality cake will set you back $50 at the least.
- Do your research – After a budget, comes the most important part, research. So why is research so important? With good research, comes good results, which means that just by a bit of looking around you can find a cake beyond perfect! Some common searches are “red velvet cake where to buy“, “where to buy red velvet cake near me“, “red velvet cake order near me“, “red velvet cake near me“, “red velvet cake delivery” or “red velvet cake Adelaide“.
- Finalize your order – After finding your favorite red velvet cake; all there is left to do is to finalize your order! With Azidelicious, we accept online payment, cash, or even upfront payment!
- Enjoy your cake! – Last but not least, what better than to enjoy a slice of your delicious red velvet cake? This cake is perfect to enjoy with family, friends, or even yourself!
Pre-Order custom Red Velvet Cake
Forget the normal red velvet, what if you could customize it to your liking? I know that sounds great, doesn’t it? There are a few simple things you should keep in mind when pre-ordering a custom cake.
An obvious one is getting in touch earlier, with your baker or cake shop. This gives them enough time to work on the basics and the details to perfect the cake that they want. Now you might be thinking, how far in advance should I place my order? Usually, a timeline of 1-2 weeks in advance works perfectly.
Another way you can ease the baker’s job is by giving them a visual example of what you want, which makes it easier for them to exactly bring your desires to life! Don’t stress if you can’t find a photo, it’s just a suggestion!
What factors influence the price of Red Velvet Custom Cake?
Ordering your custom red velvet cake is great, however, there are a few things you should consider first.
A price budget is one. This helps draw an outline of the customizations you can make within your budget, making the job easier and quicker for you. After setting your budget, it helps to discuss what you want to do with the baker who you are working with. By doing this, you can get a guide about how much you need to spend on different customizations.
Other small things to consider can be the cost of decorations such as flowers, extra toppings, fruits….etc.
After all, there’s a slice of red velvet for everyone!