When baking a cake, there are a lot of things you can do to improve the process and the result. One of them is making a moist cake , tender sponge.
What does moist cake mean?
The definition of a most cake is a wet and soft sponge which easily melts in your mouth.
How do you keep a cake moist?
Here I will share some of the useful tips for making the perfectly moist cake with you.
- The first step is to sift your dry ingredients, such as flour, cocoa, spices, etc. This process is effective in breaking up clumps in the dry ingredients.
- If the recipe contains butter and sugar it is very important to whisk the butter and sugar until the mixture becomes pale and fluffy.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature. Cold ingredients don’t incorporate very well and the recipe will fail.
- After your cake has cooled down brush it with simple syrup, which is simply water and sugar heated until the sugar dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- Most cake recipes turn out best when made with full fat dairy products. If your recipe has dairy try to use full fat products for more moist.
- If a recipe contains cake flour, measure it carefully. It is one of the major parts of cake baking. Cake flour is a low protein flour and has superfine consistency.
- Don’t over mix the batter. Too much air can be incorporated into the mixture and extra gluten will be developed which then ruins the texture of the sponge.
- Over baking cakes dry them out too, so make sure you are keeping an eye on the cake. When you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it, your cake is ready!
What can I spray on the cake to make it moist?
Again, the answer is simple syrup. Feel free to add some flavouring if you want. Vanilla, lemon, orange juice, coffee or any kind of extracts can be added as a flavouring to the syrup.
After you have completed all these steps it is important how you store your cake. You should keep it in an airtight container and keep it at room temperature. If your cake is frosted with dairy products keep it in an airtight container in the fridge instead.
Related Post: How To Have Moist Cupcake